View Single Post
Old 12-25-2014, 05:40 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
freetosmile

Hello and welcome to SR. I am relatively new here as well and have found A LOT of comfort in this forum. I also have LEARNED a lot.

I don't really have any advice to give you- my AH (alcoholic husband) is in treatment and so our recovery is just getting underway. Furthermore, we are only 4 years into marriage.
What I wanted to to tell you is that I'm so sorry your wife has said those hurtful things to you. "I don't like the person I am when I am around you"...wow...that is very hurtful, especially when she is your WIFE! You deserve more than that.
My AH says some things to me that just make my jaw drop and my heart ache. I really hope that you find peace and that you are far enough in your own recovery to not let those words define you. That is the real kicker for me. I eat up the words and allow them to destroy who I am.

I hope you find peace this holiday season and that your wife gets a reality check. It is NOT ok to treat others like that. EVER.
Probably didn't help you out much, but you should know that her words don't define you. I'm sure you already know that...but just a reminder.