View Single Post
Old 12-25-2014, 02:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lizatola

Christmas vent, LOL

So, my sister and I are ACOA's. Being 8 years apart, it's almost like we were only children as we were raised and in different generations. She has different childhood memories than I do since our parents divorced when she was 11 and I was 19 and living out of the home already.
Anyway, she is terrlble about being grateful for gifts. I could send her a new car and she 'might' call me to say thank you. I have to ask her, "Did you get the box I sent? Did the kids like their gifts? Does the sweater I bought you fit OK?" And, sometimes she still doesn't say thank you, she just answers the question. "Yep, got the box." "Sure, I got the sweater." To which I respond, "And, did it fit? Do you need the gift receipt?" She still hasn't answered me on this one, LOL.

It's hard to not take it personally because I know she's a grateful person when you're standing in front of her. I don't know what it is about her or why it pushes my buttons but I get frustrated that she can't pick up the phone and just say thank you. I let go of expectations a long time ago but for some reason, I am really perturbed this year. I took a lot of time to put together a nice family themed gift for all of them, including her new fiance and his kids. Oh well, I know I shouldn't expect anything from her. It just makes me want to do one of two things: 1.quit sending her anything or 2. tell her how rude she is being.....OK, that's probably not the right way.

Other than that, I am enjoying the ending to my Xmas day. Hope you all are doing some things for yourselves today, even if it's just taking the dog for a walk!