View Single Post
Old 12-22-2014, 06:38 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Tamerua
Recovering ostrich

Morning!

We don't get holiday time like that in the US (I know... France and Germany and Brazil are sounding better and better).

Most US companies give you an allotment of time to take at the beginning of the year and you take throughout the year. The average is two to three weeks and then you can usually earn more depending on the company you work for. A lot of companies have holidays off in between the big ones for nationally recognized holidays like Presidents Day and Martin Luther King Day. And then some companies will opt to close during this time of year for a few extra days. I work in finance, specifically credit cards, so if Visa and MasterCard are open, we are open. I get Christmas off and I'm working 8 to noon on Christmas Eve but that is it for this year.

Schools are closed though and my son is home, my partner took today and tomorrow odd to hang out with him, I had taken Thanksgiving to be with him. Although:... He is 14, he sleeps until 1. Lol

In the state of Florida, a judgement was made that it was unconstitutional to ban same sex marriage... A bunch of appeals were put in and as of Friday night, tossed out and couples can begin getting married on Jan 5. I say all of this, not for the quiz that you will all inevitably take one day on Florida law, but because I am getting married on Jan 14th. That is our anniversary and it will be 9 years this January. We figured why not marry on that date and we don't have to change our anniversary. Lol lazy.

Sorry. This post was totally about me. Well, and the U.S. Holiday policies.

How is everyone else doing? RAL, is Sam ready for Santa? Does he believe in Santa? Do they even do that there? Or do you have the 3 magi? Lol

Courage, hope you and your ice cream are well. Napster, how is Mrs N and the kiddos?

Hi Dee, gonzo, Alice and Marria! Hope you guys are faring well.