View Single Post
Old 12-21-2014, 04:35 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
courage2
p***enger

Hi all!

Ready, I'm glad you're back on more stable emotional ground. A relationship will bring those ups and downs -- now you recognize it and can talk yourself down -- or better yet, come here.

Tam, it's great to hear you're finding your spot in your home group again. Dynamics shift and you're growing -- that's a good thing.

Napster, how's it going for you? Holidays can be stressful -- please vent or lean on us if you're feeling stressed. We're here!

Gonzo -- are grades in?

Tazzle, where are you?

Dee, I hope you're feeling ok. Thanks always for being here.

I just got back from speaking at a meeting -- probably the biggest room I've ever spoken in, maybe 75 people. I think it went well -- the first few times I was a speaker, I'd get a reaction like, wow, that was depressing. Then it was, well, that was a depressing story, but kind of interesting. This time I didn't get the depressed reaction at all. I think it's because I spent a lot less time on my history, and more time on recovery. And I talked about ice cream

Otherwise, as far as being on my own, it's going well. My morning rituals work to get me started, I'm filling up my days making sure I have someone to talk to every day, and at night I can always get under the blankets, look at pictures of birds, and ... eat ice cream!

Whatever it takes --