View Single Post
Old 12-20-2014, 09:14 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  
bryangt

Funny. Picked up my I pad & Sober Recovery app is staring me right in the face. What a difference a day makes. Yesterday so grateful for my sons health, only to find the cause of his kidney failure was drugs. He gave up heroin, off it for 5 months now....but like we with addictions, he replaced it with cocaine, club drugs, Valium, marihuana & alcohol. Lied to me & the Drs. Could have lost his life, his leg. Still in ICU ...4th day. I did not visit him yesterday. I am a mess. No sleep. To top it off, my daughter e-mails me a tear jerker...1st contact in months. My pops needs more heart surgery.
It ain't about me, although, I seem to like people feeling sorry for me, not really. It is how I handle things. It is about how I stay sober. Been to 2 meetings in 24 hours, another tonite. On the phone with my sponsor & other friends in Aa.
Blessed because I don't want to drink. Blessed to have this fellowship in my life, blessed for you all in my life. For if I were to drink, I would surely die.
Going to do something about my spirituality this afternoon. I don't know what, but when I go to the hospital, I am going to seek out a Chaplin or priest to comfort my soul. I am reaching out to other alcoholics, for when I do, it takes my mind of self. Go to another meeting later, cuz I don't want to drink. Meet with my sponsor later, so I can cry. Go to a Alcothon New Years Eve planning meeting for by being if service it takes my mind off self.
I was freely given these tools to live sober. I want others to share these tools so they too can wake up happy & free.
I am blessed, because I have not had a drink today. God Bless You All!