Old 04-26-2005, 04:48 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Mistress N

[QUOTE=. The worst part is, I was miserable with him in the end and now I'm miserable without him. I'm not quite sure how I can accept the fact that my best friend is gone...now forever. I feel like someone I love dearly has died. My head knows I've suffered enough from the wrath of this disease and all the misery it brings but my heart just can't get the message. QUOTE]

This is what I've been feeling everyday for three months. . . I broke up with my B/F of 3 1/2 years because his drinking became significantly worse the past year and a half and no one knows why -- not even his family. We don't know what triggered it cause he never drank that much before? Either I am stupid or have too much faith but I think/hope someday he'll get better cause he has a heart of gold. . . I just know it's going to take something really bad to happen. He's already doing bad things and the worst part about the breakup is that he has found a "rebound g/f" that drinks with him . He calls me sometimes but I don't call him but it's hard not to pick up the phone when he calls. . .