View Single Post
Old 12-17-2014, 01:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
honeypig

Welcome to SR--I've found a lot of help here and hope you do too. One of the first things I did when I was new here was to read, read, read. There's a ton of support and education to be had from this site. Make sure you don't miss the stickies at the top of the page, either--this thread might be a good place for you to start: http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...l-problem.html

As others have said, you don't have to form a plan for the rest of your life right this second. Take some time to educate yourself about alcoholism and learn what you can and can't do about it. Finding support in the real world at a face-to-face Alanon meeting (or some like Celebrate Recovery) is also a great idea. SR and Alanon together have been a powerful force for my recovery, and I'd recommend giving it a try.

The more you learn, the more you'll come to realize that the focus belongs on you and your kids, and NOT on the A. I know that sounds nuts right now, but it's the truth. As time goes on, you'll start to see your path more clearly.

Keep coming back, keep reaching out for support. Everyone here gets it and will share their experience, strength and hope.