View Single Post
Old 12-17-2014, 12:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
iluv31purses

Frustrated and angry

Hi Everyone,
I am new here. My, what I believe is still a functioning AH, is not making changes even after placing the guilt of me and our kids on him for his nightly pattern of drinking and chewing tobacco. My kids ask me why does Daddy do this? I'm worried we wont have a daddy. How do I answer them? I am so sad about this. My Ah has a family history of alcoholism in his family and he refuses to see that drinking every night half a box to a box of wine is not normal. He promises to control it but honestly I don't think he can. He's edgy and nasty at times and never appears intoxicated. He never drives when drinking but is also very antisocial now. It has become a pattern over the years. I don't know what to do. The verbal abuse happens intermittently and he doesn't think he is being mean. How do you leave someone you love or do you stay for the kids? I am frustrated, angry and sad. Will life be better for everyone if we end our marriage? He doesn't think he has a problem. He refuses to go to AA . I have offered to go with him. He says he'll quit the tobacco again when he is ready. Do I wait it out? He is in control of the checkbook. Any help would be appreciated. I don't know what to do . He is aware the kids and I are worried and yet he continues to drink every night in front of me and them. Nothing changes.