View Single Post
Old 12-17-2014, 08:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
freetosmile

spoke with the children

We spoke with the children about AH going to treatment. They were very receptive to it. My eldest daughter (14) was somewhat harsh with him, but I can't say I blame her.

He went in for a drug and alcohol eval Sunday. He asked me to go with him. Wow. His history with alcohol is so extensive. I had no idea.

Hopefully, once the insurance approves it, he'll be off and running. He hasn't drank in the past two nights. He was sober for the talk with the kids. We wouldn't have done it if he wasn't.

I'm pretty sure he will be drinking tonight.

Still making the tiny little jabs at me.... ie " that's right, you don't need any fixing, I forgot"...."why don't you just focus on your codependent thing"...."are you sure you don't know that guy with all the tattoos on his arm?" " you have never cared about my opinions anyway"

BS like that. I just didn't respond or engage....but yeah. It still hurts my feelings. He is just sure I'm going to sleep with the whole town (and probably the surrounding area) while he's gone. Because of our infinite wealth, I'm sure it will make it really easy for me. Because we have five children and three pets, I'm sure that is going to be the FIRST thing I spend my time on.....it's hurtful and dumb. so very very dumb.

Missed al-anon due to snow storm.

I JUST WANT HIM TO GO! So do the kids I think.....it's like walking on damn egg shells. Thank god his doctor gave him a small (20) ativan to help with DT's...my fear is that he'll just use them and drink at the same time. But whatever...not my problem I guess.