View Single Post
Old 12-16-2014, 06:29 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  
Babs78756

Hi Moms!

I've been meaning to check in all day. I just finished some leftovers and relaxing with NA beer and RHOBH.

BeBetter - I don't blame you at all $30 is a lot, I think! Especially if you're going to be going home with two bottles of booze, potentially. You're right it does it add up. I'd just say you're so tired from all the festivities and are going to sit this one out and have a quiet night with the family. No one can blame you for that. You're not a ba-humbug. You're quality not quantity. Gifts must not be your love language.

Speaking of gifts.... any suggestions on what I should get the teachers at my daughter's day care? Friday is the last day. I was going to get $25 Whole Foods gift cards for each of them (there are 3) and maybe another $10 gift card to a lunch place nearby. Is that appropriate or should I do more? Less? I'm lost. How do you say thank you for taking care of my child?!

Husband is away again. I feel fine about my sobriety, lonely and still wanting to isolate but working on that.

I got a call today from a friend wanting some career help from my husband, so he was asking if it would be okay to contact him. Anyway, he was mentioning a time long ago when he and his wife and my husband and I all got together and he said 'remember that night, we all got so plowed at dinner...' I barely remember the night actually. There's nothing like someone from your past life innocently reminding you of the mess you once were. We were all a mess that night but it was a moment to remind me how badly I don't want to go back there. Ouch. It was a brief moment of relived humiliation. Please remind me again what a drunk I am....

How is everyone else? Everyone hanging in there as we approach next week?

My turn to devour some ice cream....

XO