View Single Post
Old 04-26-2005, 06:55 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
LVNitUP
Loving Life and LVNitUP!

Ok....I am going to try and explain this the best that I can without sounding stupid!

MONEY AND THINGS MEAN NOTHING!

I live in a beautiful 4 bedroom house. I drive a 2005 Hummer. I have a dog named Diamond...if that tells you anything about my favorite jewel. I won't get into anything more. Everything I have is paid for by my SO. I married well, huh?....or did I?

I grew up poor, then my mother got an education (father was gone by the time I was 3 yrs. old), and now owns 4 companies. That's her own rags to riches story, but I went through it all with her.
So I have had the opportunity to see both sides.

During my dating years I have had the opportunity to marry 2 other wealthy people, but I did not because I did not love them.
I have always worked, I am very strong in my independence...with an I take care of me attitude!
Then, this person comes along and wants to buy me the world, and I felt special.
Through my eyes of addition I convinced myself that I was really attracted to this person, and I was sort of. But I think that it was the 'money' and the 'things' that made the idea of the relationship even more exciting and attractive.
I am very ashamed to admit that, I never thought any of that would matter to me, it never did before.
After all, I am just a girl who has always taken care of herself and actually prefers to live alone.
I got caught up in the evil of money....and if I could turn back time or trade all that I have for happiness...I would in a heartbeat!

So, even though I have all of these 'things' am I any happier than anyone else? OF COURSE NOT! I am an alcoholic, and my addiction has taken 21 years of my life's dreams....and none of them were money!
I have fears and childhood/adult issues, I am terrified of intamacy (not meaning s*x alone), I am bipolar, and as my therapist calls it...emotionally unavailable. I do not bond with people....meaning I can relate and be a best friend, but I can pick up and walk away without notice, I am a drifter....no emotional attachments. I am really working on that one. I'm tired, and running is lonely. And countless other issuses.
My point is.....MONEY AND THINGS did not make any of my problems go away!

I am just now learning to be still and look at myself and my life SOBER, and I hate what I see. I despise who I have allowed myself to become, and right now the mirror is my enemy along with the alcohol!
As I look around at all of my 'things', I would much rather be living paycheck to paycheck, as I had for years.

Buy me the world? I don't think so...every thing has a price tag, and I have been purchased!
MONEY TRULY IS THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL!!

By the way, I do work. I work in a factory, 12 hours a day...in 120* heat (in the summer), even though I do not have to. I choose to in order to maintain my independence. I also do volunteer work for the homeless.

I hope I have not offended anyone with this post. It is not my intention to make anyone feel bad....just to show that addiction, depression, fear, anxiety, and all of those other issuse that we are all facing comes in all types of people money or not, and if anything, for me the money just made it worse!

Have a wonderful day everyone!