View Single Post
Old 12-16-2014, 02:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
desypete

Originally Posted by MIRecovery View Post
I wonder if I'm engaging in this. Since the death of my daughter I have felt absolutely horrible with crushing depression. Can I think my way out of my sadness?
no you can not think your way out of it as it will be there for always, but time starts to heal
if you have other kids you will learn to focus on them even if you dont want to i know i have to as no one else will
there mum hasn't been part of the scene with my sons death and she is still drinking over it all

she goes around making out she is a heartbroken mother but the truth is she has not been anywhere near the kids in the last 9 years because of her drinking and lifestyle

but if anyone hears her story without knowing what has really gone on then they would be taken in because people would do that at the thought of losing a child

but i use her as a yardstick for my own recovery at least i am here doing the right things and putting the kids first
at least i was there 24 / 7 for my son all the way through his illness
and i am here today still sober wishing xmas would come and go fast but still going to try to make the other kids have a good time

so all i have to do is look at my ex and how she is living full of hate towards me and the kids as they choose me over her etc or thats how she sees it
its not like that at all they choose to be with a sober dad rather than a drunken mum

if she would sober up she would i hope start to build bridges again

anyway sorry i have gone off topic here a bit but no there is no way to think your way out of that type of pain

its only time and of course staying sober will start to heal small bits