Old 12-15-2014, 01:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
LexieCat
A work in progress

I'm sorry to hear that, but glad she fessed up and is back on board.

I'm a huge, HUGE fan of Mr. Sponsorpants (google him). A couple of years ago he just stopped blogging with no explanation. Disappeared as if by alien abduction. He has a very loyal following and we were all worried. Did he relapse? Did he die? Didn't he know people LOVED him and were COUNTING on him?

A few months later he started up with the blog again. Turns out he was just taking a break that became a really LONG break (sort of like the breaks I've taken on SR). He was rather bemused to come back to find all this angst going on at his blog in his absence. And some of the people actually seemed DISAPPOINTED he wasn't dead or relapsed or something. That, they could make into a tragic tale, but with this, they felt let down, abandoned.

Fortunately, Mr. SP was having none of that and he said he was sorry he worried people but really, he has a life.

His blog is definitely worth checking out (provided you can take the odd unexplained absence). It's subtitled "An AA Sponsor Blog" and it's some of the best recovery stuff you will read anywhere, with a good dose of humor and snark thrown in for good measure.