Thread: Paranoia
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2014, 10:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lizatola

Paranoia

I used to get all wrapped up in AH's paranoia and sometimes I even believed some of it because he made such a great case against the government, the banks, his company, the insurance agencies who are trying to steal our money, etc. Now, I can sit back and do my best to NOT engage and NOT try to convince him he's crazy or wrong or delusional.

Currently, with him taking over the finances, he's having a freak out. He got in my face in front of our son last week about some new credit cards I had and tried to bait me and push my buttons to get me to 'explain' why I had paid so much towards these accounts.

He's freaking out and told me this AM that he goes to the bank every day. He can't figure out the online system for accessing the statements and when I tried to help him, he told me his computer search engine just doesn't work and doesn't communicate with the bank. Really?? Hmm, well, we have the same computer and same browser and I can access the account. I gave up helping. He wants to be dramatic and paranoid and insane and I want no part of it.

He seems to think that there's some special hidden place where we're leaking money and by going to the bank every day that he will find this special hidden place. No joke. I can't imagine what the tellers think every time he shows up!

Sigh....this is sad, and I'm trying to stay out of it. But, it's also scary because he's inspecting every penny I've spent over the last 6 months and we all know I've confessed I've been shopping a lot more than usual. The cards are mostly paid off except for the one at the bank and I'm reigning in my spending now that I'm done with Christmas shopping, etc.

And, what drives me crazy is that this is the man who, when I was freaking out over a $400 car repair, told me, "Hey, $400 or $4000, what's the difference?" "It's just money, Liz, you can't take it with you."

UGH.....no consistency with this man and now I'm doing my best to NOT join the freak out and stay the course and call my lawyer and organize my sh*t, etc. The best I can stay on top of the finances myself, the better off I will be. I watch every single account every day....until he got us locked out over the weekend because he freaked out over the password thing and messed it up for both of us.

Oh, this is so not fun. I am still planning on filing mid-January. I have a realtor coming over to see the house after the holidays to help me figure out what needs to be spruced up, fixed, organized, etc. I can't wait for this month to be over!