View Single Post
Old 12-12-2014, 06:57 PM
  # 319 (permalink)  
Bebetter

I'm here, checking in lots.

Babs - I'm sorry you're having a rough time with your husband gone. I know what you mean - it's a cozy time of year, and it would feel harsh to go through it alone. He'll be back for the holidays, it sounds? You may not feel it, but you sound very strong in your sobriety.

Dolly - don't even google pregnant after a vasectomy - I'm sure you'll find loads of "oops" stories! I love that you're taking every precaution... I don't know what's up with me, but I'm pretty sure I'm not ovulating this cycle, and in the short-term, that's probably for the best (see below).

My mother-in-law is not doing well. It's a long story, but basically her heart is failing. We're going down to visit them in FL over Christmas - just bought the tickets a few days ago. I'm not looking forward to the trip, but it will be okay. But I don't really want to be in the beginning of a pregnancy, because I sometimes get anxiety flying, and I'd like to be able to take a Xanax if I need it. Last time we were in FL, I got completely trashed with my father-in-law the night before we were flying home. That's a pretty common thing for me to do, because I get anxious about the flight. I'm not actually afraid to fly. I really enjoy being in the sky once we're up. I just hate the time before, and when they close the door on the airplane, I feel trapped. Claustrophobic. So I'll definitely be packing some Xanax and my essential oils in case the triggers arise. It's going to be a tough trip as it is, with his mom sick and my panic about their being a pool practically in the house. I worry so much about the girls falling into it. Ugh.... Don't even want to think about that right now....