View Single Post
Old 12-12-2014, 07:11 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  
grtgrandpa

I get drunk we stay sober

Originally Posted by Squig View Post
Pach, congrats on your sober time. I just got through yet another day ones than I care to remember. I had about seven months of sobriety through AA when I went back out. When I decided yesterday would be my day one I did two things- I finally joined this sight after lurking for a few months. I also contacted a childhood friend of mine who is approaching three years of sobriety after many false starts in AA. I knew with the time I had been away from AA that the group dynamics of some meetings change. Also, like grtgranpa mentioned, the number of meetings in the Maryland area can be overwhelming. I knew my old friend was doing great things in his recovery and that reaching out to him, for me, is instrumental because suprise- I'm not one to ask for help. Keep your head up and find someone who can help guide you to meetings suited for you.
Excellent sharing Squig, I hear my thoughts from your mouth.

We all need those someones who can help guide each of us to those meetings that are right for each of us, and we will keep coming back to those meetings, as the sober time mounts days, months, and years.