View Single Post
Old 12-10-2014, 06:47 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
MissFixit

Originally Posted by wanttobehealthy View Post
I'll send the sleeping bags this week. Offered them last week too and he said that I was insulting him. It's just a shame to see how he uses them as pawns.
Mentally ill parents are weird. When I was a kid, toys my mom's family gave to my sister and me had to stay at her house. Anything she gave us or from her family had to stay at her place. We saw her every other weekend, so there were some tears when we had to part with "our" stuff including clothes they gave us. I remember begging her to let me take a cabbage patch kid my grandmother (her mother) gave to me. She would not. It had to remain in our room at her place until we could play with it again on our next visit. It was really sick stuff. As a kid, you just learn to detach as a survival skill.

FWIW, she did the same with "her" time with us. She viewed us as her property, not real people. We have no relationship with her now, just to let you know how these scenarios play out. Her behavior never improved. As adults she acts like our (my sister and mine) very demanding child. Always about her.