Thread: Bankruptcy
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2014, 06:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Hangnbyathread

OK Sorry but maybe I'm missing something here. You said "You" were filing BK on a business "YOU" lost. If this isn't a joint filing then why would he not want to protect his assets? You declaring Bk has what to do with him?

I am not saying he shouldn't be sensitive to what you are going through, and he doesn't need to add those harsh words. But if he isn't going through a BK he has every right to try and protect his assets from your BK.

Creditors will try and attach anything of value from any source they can to try and get paid. If they sense he has been part of this, then they could come after him and his.

My ex wife declared BK right after our divorce was final. In an attempt to run from debt she had incurred during our marriage. Finances were part of what broke our marriage. I spent 2 years dealing with the IRS and car loan creditors, trying to come after me afterwords. Including placing a lien on MY house. On income I never made and a car I never even sat in. Simply because I was responsible and had financial means, I became the target for her bad financial situation.