View Single Post
Old 12-08-2014, 07:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lizatola

I bought perfume for myself!

Ok, this may seem like a silly title to a thread....

But, I want you all to know that I haven't bought perfume since 1998. When I was pregnant I had serious smell aversions and one of which was to perfumes and colognes to the point where I thought I would vomit in the department stores, LOL.

Well, I've grown up and my body has changed and I've been wanting to buy perfume for myself but I didn't know the first thing about what was out there. I finally settled on Coach Poppy and I'm quite pleased with myself because this was something I really needed to do for myself.

What did you do for yourself today or recently?

As an aside, I really needed to do something for me because I was starting to slip into a depression over the holidays and my lack of holiday plans, etc, and missing my family, etc.

I also have been feeling guilty about my plans to divorce my AH because he's really been trying and he's been struggling to find his place in the family. I feel sorry for him and it's hard to figure out whether this is pity or compassion or maybe both. Also, it was his birthday yesterday and I tried to make it nice for him and take him out and we bought him a present, etc but I could tell that he felt weird and I felt weird, sigh....

This is so hard, but I know it's the right thing. So, for me, I got perfume, LOL! Now, I have to go read and journal and text an Al Anon friend.