View Single Post
Old 12-07-2014, 08:33 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Pach

Originally Posted by KenL View Post
Just glancing it over, Pach, it looks like it just reduces the anxiety a person may experience during alcohol withdrawal. It seems that in their study they have found that Gabapentin lowers the transmission of GABA. It seems that drunks have a higher rate of GABA which results in higher anxiety during withdrawal. At least, in drunk rats, for sure! It doesn't seem to indicate a decrease in cravings. Not sure but that's my take away from what little is on that page.

Keep getting better! You're worth it!

Hey Ken,

Well, the Dr. told me it would reduce my cravings for alcohol, when used after detox and in addition to AA, etc. Something about the brain receptors and neurotransmitters weren't controlling the seratonin and thiamine, renduring my body useless. I have taken 2 100mg tablets so far, and honestly, Ken, I feel so normal, don't think about a drink and my bursitis pain (I happen to have terrible bursitis front and back in both hips) is GONE....oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh WOWW!!!!!!!!! I can SIT without PAIN! And now, yes, just a tad drowsy but I'm putting that down to being in detox and loud walkways. It was very emotional for me, too, as I couldn't explain to my family and friends where I disappeared off to for 4 days. And I won't. My biz.

In any case, it is working for me big style. It is recommended 3x per day, but I will take it at night only, as that is the only time I am home. I cater in the mornings and teach in the afternoon so no way will I take this then, nor would I need to. I was a moonstruck drinker lololol haha!