Old 12-06-2014, 03:24 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by amy55 View Post
I'm smelling a "rat" here. It seems to me that he is purposely reducing his income because he knew divorce was coming, and he wants to pay less child support.

Remember to ask your attorney about imputing wages, and dig up those tax returns from 4, 5 and 6 years ago.

((((((((((hugs))))))))
amy
No, I think he's just lazy. Always has been but he's been flying on the coattails of some very big jobs that he fell into over the year, including a HUGE contract from the Navy and that pretty much paid all our extras for 5 years straight. Well, the Navy is done building their container ships and now AH's jobs have dried up.

Honestly, he isn't purposely tanking...he's just depressed and unmotivated and an alcoholic. I already have the past 5 years of tax returns in a folder in a FRIEND's safe, nowhere near here. I also have copies of all other important documents including marriage license, birth certs, ******** numbers, car titles, etc.

Plus, there's no way he can refute the fact that he is going to be getting a very decent lump sum from his parent's estate eventually. That will bode well in my favor when it comes to the judge deciding support. My issue is that he will lose his job and not be able to pay support and that his brother (codie to the max and lazy as all get out and executor of the estates) will continue to drag his feet and that AH will never get the funds from the estate. He will just tell me that he can't pay. That's why it's very important that I time things properly and have some source of income lined up or 'irons in the fire' so to speak.

As for AH, he's been surprisingly pleasant recently and even helped me string up the Xmas lights outside. That's the first time in 10 years! Of course, it was wrought with him telling me how to do it and how to be careful on the ladder and, "Whoa, what are you doing? That's ladders not stable!" Ummm, where were you for the past 10 years when I was doing this all alone on the ladder with a child holding the strand below me? Oh, that's right....you were sleeping on the couch or pouting somewhere else, UGH! Sorry, guess I need to work on that resentment a bit, LOL!