View Single Post
Old 12-01-2014, 05:24 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
Liz, I'm sorry, but I seem to have lost the thread of what's going on with the two of you. I was under the impression you were working toward a divorce? Why are you returning control of the finances back to him?

I'm sorry if I just lost track, but I'm a little confused.
We are, but he seems to think that getting control of our current situation will help regain his 'lost self' and prepare him for carrying two households. He doesn't HEAR me when I tell him that I will be taking over MY car payments. He appears to hear me but a week later he's telling me he wants to pay off my car and doesn't want to have that debt on OUR balance sheet. His words to me at one point were, "I dragged you all the way out here. I made you leave your family. The least I could do is take care of you for a few more years."

He says that since he will have to pay alimony and child support that he needs to better understand our financial situation. He wants to be prepared and wants to find out just how much tennis, tutoring, gas, etc are running us these days.

Honestly, I'm just going along with it. There is no talking sense to him. He doesn't hear me. Maybe, just maybe, he will hear me when the divorce papers land on his desk. I don't even engage unless I absolutely must respond because I feel like he lives in a very different reality than I do. He also claims that by taking over the finances, he is helping me and relieving me of such an awful burden which must have been so difficult for me all these years. I never complained, not once, about paying the bills. The reason I took over the bills years ago was because of his whining and stress related to the bills, in general. And, now he wants it back.....