View Single Post
Old 12-01-2014, 04:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
LexieCat
A work in progress

Feeling just a wee bit sorry for myself

The night before Thanksgiving I got hit with a HORRIBLE toothache. I had gotten very little sleep the night before (winding up big work project) and when the pain hit, the only thing that would relieve it was keeping ice cold water in my mouth. Obviously, that made sleep impossible. I was thinking I'd have to call a cab and go to the ER, it was that bad and I was that strung out. It finally subsided enough to fall asleep (slept till noon on Thanksgiving Day), and it's been sorta lurking in the background but not too bad since then.

First thing Friday morning I called the dentist. I have to travel this week to Minnesota for a couple of days and didn't want to get hit with pain while I was on the road. They got me in for an appointment late this afternoon.

Turns out I had a HUGE cavity in my wisdom tooth, which they extracted (the tooth, that is) without much difficulty. Unfortunately, I have to be on a plane at 7:25 am, haven't eaten all day (today was another crunch for stuff we needed to finish up for the training), and now I'm sitting here biting on a big wad of gauze, with half my face numb, and starving. And I haven't packed (will probably go to bed soon and get up at 4 am to pack).

So I'm feeling just a bit sorry for myself, and wanted some company.

I'll give it another half hour to an hour, have some soft leftovers (local convenience store has turkey with stuffing and gravy this time of year, and it's actually darned good), take a few Ibuprofen, and go to bed.

A few "there, there"s and "poor baby"s will do.