View Single Post
Old 12-01-2014, 02:46 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by Hawks View Post
Sounds reasonable.

Not sure what "GAH " means, but if he is sober now, a bit of responsibility and reality is not a bad thing.

Might even help you let go of trying to be controlling of everything.
He's not sober, Hawks. The reason we are in a financial pinch these days is because he wasted too much time playing tennis in the AM, spending time at the country club in the afternoon, and spending his work trips on a binge drinking trip for days on end.

I should have seen the financial derailment a while ago, but I buried my head in the sand on this one. I knew he wasn't putting in 100% on the job. He is in sales and we lived off his commission and now his commissions have dried up and we are down to using savings to keep up the lifestyle. It's time for me to re-evaluate the finances and see what I am willing to turn over to him for control.

He now has revealed that he wants me to inform him of my spending so that he can better manage the accounts. I've been managing the finances for 6 years now and all of a sudden he wants to jump in and take over everything???? He claims it's not manipulation, who knows....

As for the floating checks.....that is weird because he's always been extremely paranoid about his credit and about finances and he doesn't ever miss a payment. He would freak out on me about $5 in interest charges because $5 is a lot of money. I'm not sure what he means by floating checks but I think he just wants to time things better. I don't think he understands that we are just having to dig into savings and that's just the way it's been for the past 9 months. He slacked off at work, I spent too much (my irresponsibility), and now we have to tighten our belts. It's as simple as that.