View Single Post
Old 12-01-2014, 10:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lizatola

GAH! Love the baited statements

As a refresher to myself and to those who deal with the baited statements, I thought I would share here 2 things my AH wrote in an email that I KNOW he wanted a response from:

FYI: we are going back and forth discussing finances and he wants to take over some of the bills, not because I do a crappy job, but because he wants to start being more involved.

Anyway, here are two things he wrote in the past 2 emails:

"In an attempt to reclaim a shred of my manhood, I would like to start taking over some of the bills....."

"As you know, anything with my name on it is going to impact my credit. I'm sure YOU have steadily built your credit over the years and blah blah...."

So, I believe that both those statements were meant to get me to react in some way. I no longer react. I also don't agree with this whole financial thing he's trying but I'm willing to turn a few bills over to him since these are usually more set in their amounts each month.

He also stated that he wants to start writing checks for things since he can float the checks! Ummm, what I want to point out is that you can set up your online bill pay for whatever day you want in most cases. Why pay for a check and a stamp when you can just pay the bill electronically or push the payment back if necessary (without penalties of course). I don't understand the whole 'floating check' thing!? If I want the mortgage payment to come out on the 5th, instead of the 1st, I just change it online.......

Too bad he doesn't speak the same language as me. You know, the one called common sense and reality? Sorry, that was mean......you all know what I'm getting at here.

So, let's talk about how the addicts/alcoholics bait us with statements and how we can best handle these things moving forward? At some point I'm going to have to talk to AH about this stuff as we move forward. There is no compromise or talking sense to him, though, so what to do?