View Single Post
Old 12-01-2014, 10:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Mrrryah1

Getting back on the wagon...

I've been MIA from SR and AA and all things recovery for the last little while.

I've been struggling to find the desire to stop drinking. Struggling to accept I can't just find a way to be normal if I really really exert my efforts at controlling this thing. Because god knows I've been having nothing but failure after failure at trying to be sober. I'm sick of feeling like a failure.

But I'm glad to say that I am absolutely exhausted. I don't know what made me decide to start fighting the battle again, when deep down I knew I would lose, but I'm officially weak, exhausted, and sick of fighting. I think I'm ready to give this sober thing my full efforts again.

Day three today.

My fiancé told me last night that he thinks I need to find some balance. Either I'm going to a meeting (while working full time) every single day, or I'm doing nothing at all. He said he thinks I need to actually build a new life sober. Start finding ways to have fun sober, new hobbies, ways to enjoy my life. Because I start hitting 7-10 meetings a week and I have no time for anything else and he says it's like I become a b&$tchy robot on autopilot. And eventually I get so overwhelmed and sick of it that I decide I can't enjoy life sober and say skrew it all.

What do you guys think about this? Is it possible that I'm lacking balance and that's why I keep relapsing despite doing meetings/steps/sponsor/etc??

Happy to be back SR hope everyone is doing well.