View Single Post
Old 04-22-2005, 04:40 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Katchus

My two cents worth.....

My first question would be; Who wrote this?
My second; When?
My third; Why?

I'm thirty six years young, the adult child of a alcoholic. I could debate these thirteen characteristics till the cows come home.
I honestly cannot relate to one single characteristic and that's no lie.

My motto: Anyone can tell the truth, not everyone can handle hearing it.

There comes a "fork" in the life of every adult children of alcoholics....
To choose to break the cycle or to choose to allow the past to affect the current and future.

You know what they say in AA?
If you have one foot in yesterday and one foot in tomorrow, you're pissing on today.

Oh, I have my fair share of horror stories. I can listen and give advice. I can extend to others my support. However, I personally refuse to live my life under a "catagory" due to my parent's disease.

I strongly practice what I preach and expect no less from those around me. I don't encourage living a life of candy coated b.s. Give it to me straight or dont waste your or my time.

Life always gives you the opportunity to experience it's laughter, fun and love. You can build relationships with other people, good, solid relationships. It must begin with you....they won't come knocking on your door.

With that, I hope to build many strong ties with my fellow brothers and sisters within this community.

Kat