Old 11-29-2014, 07:14 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
nodl5

follow up for day 6: today has been great, so far...

last time i made it this far, about 3 weeks ago, it was not good and i went and got something.

i can see that i was confused yesterday by reading my post. however, i feel better today. obviously, it's not been enough time to experience actual paws, since i am supposedly in the acute phase still. but i don't seem to have the "my life will suck forever" mentality, which was sort of how it was yesterday and definitely the day before. i don't have crawling skin, numb fingers nor too much general anxiety, a little bit though, some hot and coldness and of course i am tired and the pull of gravity is a bit strong. mostly it's a sort of a mindlessness, that i can overcome by concentrating on things a bit, but best of all, I have been laughing today!

this actually concerns me since it is a bit unexpected. but i hardly use subs like i used to and perhaps this is the break i have been waiting for. it took me two and half years to quit drinking (and i say that knowing that i am not cured of alcoholism). so i know these things don't just happen. i've been trying to quit subs for quite a while too so... and i used subs to quit opiates, yada yada. actually i joined SR when i first made a real effort to quit drinking.

it goes back to the op, it's a lot about attitude. i'm not the most curious animal in the world today, but i am reading and thinking of things to get done. i know it will get better and exercise is a real important aspect to this process. i'm not going to bike across town, but i am avoiding the bed as long as i can.

i should be more vigilant in SR to help the process of healing from this horrible monster. AA is okay, but i have more freedom to voice things here. i live in a reasonably sized town, but AA isn't the best here. still it's okay..