View Single Post
Old 11-27-2014, 03:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Heregoesnothing

12 hours sober - feel like crap

Well, here goes. I have been drinking heavy - 6-12 shots per night, every night, and more on weekends - for about 10 years. Fortunately, I have been able to avoid many of the negative consequences. I'd say that I was highly functional, holding down a good job and such. I am an Alcoholic.
It sucks to say it out loud, but it kind of feels good as well. I told my wife about 12 hours ago and she was great about it. I was feeling really hung over so I made myself one last drink and that was that. I feel like crap right now - I can feel my heart beating in my stomach - that's how I always know that I drank way too much the day before. Fortunately, I have the next four days off for Thanksgiving so I'll be able to Detox out of the public eye but I know it's going to be difficult. I've been reading through all of the online forums and now I have a good idea what to expect and what to watch out for. I'm not sure what I am looking for by posting this, I think it just helps me put it out in front of me in a semi-public way. Good luck everyone