View Single Post
Old 11-26-2014, 11:10 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
kadidee

Yes, advbike, very zen. Also, companion animals are highly well-trained, so hopefully you won't have the problems you experienced with previous pet owners. As I was reading your post, it struck me how wise you were to wait until you got more information because indeed, there were variables that you couldn't foresee.

Thanks, you guys, for the input about my yuck-mind. That ego-driven thinking is at play makes a lot of sense and is super helpful to realize because it offers an avenue of escape. Metaphorically, I guess, it's like putting on a different pair of glasses when viewing the world. Dee, that link is great and I emailed it to myself for easy reference. Those questions offer a way out of stuck thinking, a way to change the movie in my mind. Einstein's saying that "you can't solve a problem with the same mind that created it" also comes to mind. When I'm thinking with ego, aka yuck-mind, I can think and think and think, but it just goes around in icky circles. It's a matter of seeing with different eyes. I felt so much relief when I read advbike's comment about ego and then the questions on that link because a lightbulb went off. I felt so stuck and then boom, I had options. Thank you tremendously.

What are you all doing for Thanksgiving? I'm headed over to my boyfriend's today to bake with his 14-year old daughter--I'm looking forward to it because she's mostly on her phone when we're together, and this will get her off of it, haha. We are going to his brother's tomorrow so we have to figure out a couple of sides to make and go to the store. Should be relaxing and low-key.