View Single Post
Old 11-25-2014, 02:16 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
silentrun
voices ca**y

Originally Posted by desypete View Post
as some people like scientific proof on things i offer up this

try getting drunk if you don't pick up the first drink of alcohol

i don't need anymore proof than if i don't pick up the first drink i can not get drunk.

no matter how much you can analyze things, or try out some sort of math equation the results will be 100% solid concrete proof that if you dont take the first drink you can not get drunk.

i believe it 100 % unless of course someone can prove me wrong ?
i accept it without any argument at all these days as i used to argue it was the 10th drink that got me drunk but if i dont pick up that first drink i will never get to number 10

its so simple its easy to miss especially for the more inquisitive mind as they just don't seem to accept this simple formula, there convinced there has to be more to it rather than accepting it is how it is
How did you end up there? This isn't specifically about religion or alcoholism but just about how our brains work. It even says there is a benefit to belief. I have defaulted to supernatural many times since quitting. It has helped greatly when I felt out of control. It was very comforting.
The belief that I somehow had my drinking under control was the falsehood. Admitting that yeah, I had to quit entirely is the thing I didn't want to see. I had plenty of evidence to the contrary but none of it could pierce that veil.
Even my husband told me I should just cut back. No matter how many people told me I wasn't "alcoholic" I knew better because I had been on both sides of the thinking and I knew which one was reality.