Thread: 10 weeks
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2014, 05:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Soberpotamus

Originally Posted by Cokietheclown View Post

My moods are what's troubling me at present. I so short tempered and angry all the time. Im exercising ALOT in an attempt to tire myself / balance, but I seem to be on a fight/flight knife edge all the time.

On the plus side, my general moods are a lot more positive with my family and children, but my tolerance for everyone else is running at an all time low - brutal honesty seems my forte.

I was wondering if this was usual? I'm not overly concerned, just wanted to see if any of you guys experienced similar?

I had some mood issues that were troubling early on as well. Short-tempered, angry, full of rage...

I also exercised a lot in an effort to deal with it... thinking it would help. I think it helped me a little with some anxiety, but not so much with the anger issues.

I think it was necessary for me to experience those strong emotions. They were there. So, what else could I do but acknowledge them and deal with them? Dealing with them sometimes means noticing them, allowing them to be there.

Meditation is helping me. It's helping me with acceptance of reality, acceptance of the thoughts in my head, my emotions, tough circumstances... all of it.

This sounds pretty normal to me. Just focus on staying sober, first and foremost