Thread: what to do.....
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2014, 07:52 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
alwaysthere4u

Got a call from my nephew last night at my mother's house/his grandmothers. Told me he only had $15 on his food stamp card. I asked him when are you getting it refilled. He said either Saturday or Monday. Ok - I said - you just need to be tight with what you have left over. Box of oatmeal, bread, milk, luncheon meat. That should be about $11 right there. I did not offer any money or nothing. He said his unemployment check got screwed up again. (Seriously?! Again interesting whatever!) I asked him did you call them up. In a sarcastic voice he said of course I did - I said f ine - I was just asking. I then gave my mother the phone and I could tell he was telling her had little money for food and once again I told her tell him no! NO! NO! NO! She didn't say anything to him about just went "oh, ok etc." She asked him if he wanted to come home and he said no. I told her after she got off the phone, that's h is choice mom, he is an adult. I could tell it upset her. My God, why not she is 86 years old worrying about her grandson. I hate it that he is trying to use sympathy with her. But, going through counseling now, and with all of ya'lls help - I REFUSE TO ENABLE HIM! I'll pray for him but financially, NO! I think with all of ya'lls help and counseling, I have finally come to realization, I cannot help him, he HAS TO DO IT HIMSELF. I have to take care of myself, my mother and my husband. I have to live my life not his.

Once again, thank you all for words! It has truly helped me. I LOVE THIS SITE!