Old 11-20-2014, 07:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
FireSprite

I absolutely agree Liz, it's about the behaviors building patterns that become habits & commitments... not the isolated incidents.

I've learned a lot about staying in the Now & not future-tripping/Assuming all over myself as well. It occurred to me that sometimes those assumptions are really based in pre-meditated judgment.

I've also learned to better recognize when someone close to me is maybe in need of recovery of some sort but not quite ready for it yet. (Not always related to addiction) I see that they have a lack of awareness about themselves & how they live their lives ruled by fear to some extent, by the things that they say & share with me. I have empathy for them being locked outside of themselves like that.... but also know I can't make them see it either, it is purely observation on my part. And even better, knowing that no matter what *I* THINK I see, I only know the half of it because we never know someone else's path as clearly as we think we do.

I've learned not to take everything personally & to sometimes recognize when other perceive MY actions or words to be personal against them.

I think I communicate better all around because I've learned the importance of being clear with my words so that my meaning is conveyed, leaving less up to interpretation.