Thread: first post
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2014, 02:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
fluffyflea

he has shown you who he is and what your relationship is going to be like as long as you are together and he is active. Believe him.

you've been together just under a year,you are not married,you have no children together.

Please, try and walk away.

Originally Posted by loveispatient View Post
Hi guys.
I'm new to this site, and am a little nervous to post anything but I came across these forums and everyone seems so supportive and helpful. I'm at the point where I'm at a big loss for what to do, and feel incredibly helpless and honestly quite depressed.

My boyfriend (or now ex?) Have been together just under a year. I learned pretty early on that he struggled with alcoholism. He had ups and downs like anyone else. When we first met he was actually sober, and had been for about six months. Obviously he relapsed but we continued our relationship and things were going incredibly well. He broke up with me in the summer, because I got in the way of his addiction.. It broke me pretty bad, but after about a month and half of being apart we got back together. He made so many plans to get sober again, and was incredibly confident in our relationship. He constantly told me how better I made his life, and how great he thought we were together. He was making plans to move in together, so sure about our future. Once again things were great between him and I, and I did my best to be patient and supportive as he tried to better himself. Completely out the blue, however, he has pushed me away once again. He claims he can't be in a relationship while he tries to get sober, which I have tried to respect but I know full well he has been drinking in excess since we broke up.

I struggle so much with this, because I am absolutely in love with this boy. And I feel silly wanting so desperately to be with him when, I guess for lack of a better way of looking at it, he's made his choice. Am I insane for wanting to be with him? Any suggestions of what I can do? I'm tired of feeling so broken apart and empty.