View Single Post
Old 11-15-2014, 12:59 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
irisgardens

I did this for my ex crystal meth addict--she is not a RAD because she has never done recovery but she has turned her life around.

Had her arrested for grand felony theft as she had taken $10,000 over a year...we finally found a dirty pee test for her 4 days before her 18th birthday...and also we had an agreement that she would stay clean until her 18th birthday and we would forgive it. She still blames me for whatever was done...10 years later...but I remember just praying that God would keep her alive and high school spent in rehabs didn't make me feel better...so you reminded me that I am happy about that. She is an adult with 2 girls of her own...still a challenging personality and still not compassionate or empathetic to anyone but those she feels she controls...but it is her issue now...and I am stepping up to letting go of her blame and gossip and just letting her live her life as she chooses.

I am grateful she is alive and that's what it comes to...a mother who loves their child enough to give them any chance she can...you are a loving and caring mother...and also a very strong mother to have been able to deal with the obstacles and well-meaning, but not in your shoes as mom suggestions...I have walked there...life didn't turn into a fairy tale...and I am now on my 3rd addict daughter and there are always issues...but you are here...and you are supported and you did what your best judgment advised.

Just wish this daughter (22) were as easy...but it is harder and I am having to really work on detachment...again. It tends to work by person with me...and it has been really really hard...but she is not ready and she may never be ready and she has rejected 5 years of our best attempts to 'help' and we are not in a situation to help.

Sending prayers and hugs to you.