View Single Post
Old 11-13-2014, 08:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
waitingforhope

I don't know if I did the right thing or not but I told my girls about the addiction and that it's made him sick. They are 13 1/2 and almost 15 years old. Raised out here isolated in the country. Even at their ages, they are so naive and innocent in their mindsets yet for teens and despite that out here, the schools and PD doing quite a bit of active teaching about drugs with the kids. My oldest daughter told me yesterday that she could forgive him for all the terrible things he's done because it's the drugs that's causing it. My younger one told me she hates him now and will never forgive him. They witnessed all the verbal abuse and I'm ashamed to say, been victims of it too. I've come so close at times to being beaten for stepping in on behalf of my daughters. Oh gosh, now that I wrote that last sentence, what I've allowed to happen with my husband is just shameful. They aren't still innocent watching years of this are they? My poor girls. They are handling this so well, so much better than I am. They told me divorce is best for us. They are so smart and I love them so much. I'm so sorry I let them grow up subject to this. If I had just not been in denial. It's an excuse to say I couldn't have know something was behind this. I wasn't positive about the drugs, but in hindsight now, it seems it should have been so obvious to me. What have I done to them?