View Single Post
Old 11-10-2014, 08:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
desypete

Originally Posted by Mcribb View Post
That is cool you decided AA wasn't for you. I had trouble with the powerless part. I also don't understand GOD in AA. Good luck.
i dont believe in a god either and never will but it doesnt stop me from being in aa
there the people that helped me save my life and turn my life around, albeit there was no other way out for me as i had no money, no computer, no internet, no rehab, no family, no friends, i was just lucky i still had a flat to sleep in even though it was a hell hole that stunk of stale pee and was just a pigsty that i could crash out in when i got so hammered drunk

the members of aa kept me company, gave me food, helped me clean up my flat they really did carry me in my first few weeks
they did so for free !!! they didnt want anything in return only that they hoped i would get better and well
they knew just how ill i really was were as i didnt have a clue but i was so grateful for there help and i still am today grateful for all there help after 10 years

sadly for me i dont think the avrt could provide the help i needed but it certainly might of helped me if i havent gone down as low as i had gone so give it shot it might work for you

aa does seem to get the tag that it is only for the low end types of drunks who lose it all but its just not true
i have met maybe about 5 memebers in my area who ended up as low as i went and one guy even lower as he ended up in the shelter and out on the streets he tried to hang himself and it went wrong

anyway i hope you can find the help you wish for and good luck to you