Thread: what to do.....
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2014, 04:31 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Aysha
Looking For Myself...Sober

All enabling does is make it easier for us addicts to use. And all the threats or excuses for help..well when that help runs out we do those things anyway to get what we want. EX..panhandle, sell our bodies, steal, whatever. That's reality. Addiction is ugly. I finally at 38 yrs old had to become homeless across country from any family, lost everything I ecer owned left alone homeless in the street to wake the F up some. I say some because I still used just not as much when I finally stopped feeling sorry for myself being homeless for 10 mos. But it def made a big difference in my use of any money and drugs when I finally did get a place to stay again. My rent came before anything. F getting high. I never want to be living in an abandoned house with other addicts, garbage every where, human waste all over, used needles and paraphernalia all over the floor. It was very shaming. But not even getting stabbed 10 times made me want to change. Why? Because it wasn't my fault. I wasn't even engaging in any sort of drug activity when it happened. I was eating a burrito outside the store I bought it in. But being homeless and losing everything? All my fault. Staying in misery like that fr 10 mos. All my fault. You get to a point where you just get tired and so I had to get myself out of it. And so I did. When I took responsibility for myself is when I started to change some of my ways because I knew I needed to.