View Single Post
Old 11-09-2014, 02:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
freshstart57
Self recovered Self discovered

Congratulations, LonelyShadow, on choosing to take control over this and get sober, once and for all. I guess it's one of those things that is impossible to do, for a hundred reasons, until you decide to do it no matter what, tahell with what anyone else says.

It's not a widely published fact, but a fact nonetheless, that about 75% of us who quit drinking do it just as you have done. Who knew!

Keep your awareness alive for AV, in yourself and others. Obviously it is the source of those thoughts of drinking again, some day. I mean who can really predict the future after all? The AV is also present in thoughts of self doubt and inability to make this plan to never again drink and stick to it. A few examples - If I could quit, I certainly would have quit by now. I've thought about quitting before and tried all sorts of things but still ended up drinking. Even if I could quit, I can't do it today. No wonder I'm going to drink again, just look at all the people who say they can't quit either.

By believing in yourself, you ARE armed and empowered. Of course you are able to make that choice to stop doing this thing that is killing you. Of course you are able to choose to have some self respect, some peace and joy, and even a little happiness. Of course you are able to make this a moral issue for you, and do the right thing for yourself and for those near you who make life worth living.

This is a life changing moment for you, LonelyShadow. You quit drinking! Since you have accomplished this, what's next? There are few limits for you now. Onward!