View Single Post
Old 11-04-2014, 10:53 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
melissa6381

Hi guys,

Serene I'm huge. It looks like I shoved a pumpkin under my shirt and there is no confusion for strangers whether or not I'm pregnant. I feel him kicking/breakdancing all the time and it's my favorite thing ever. Only 12 more weeks until my due date and soooo much to get done.

I read in a book once that when it comes to eliminating bad habits some people are moderators an some people are obstainers. Meaning that for some people quitting something is too overwhelming to do cold turkey and they will fail at the enormity of their task if they don't let themselves gradually cut down. Other people are obstainers. If they try to moderate they eventually slip back into to old habits and need very definite rules to follow.

While I think weight watchers is a really great program it's more of a moderater program and might not be right for you. I'm definitely an obstainer which is why I create these strict rules for myself to follow (ie no high fructose corn syrup, no partially hyrogenated soybean oil, vegan) following these rules strictly is my diet plan because the foods that have those bad ingredients are the junk foods that I need to avoid. (Not saying you need to go vegan but I lost a ton of weight when I stopped eating cheese) Maybe try restructuring your plan so that it works from an obstainers point of view since you have those tools from quitting drinking.