Thread: Grammar issues
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2014, 04:04 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
SoloMio

There's something so reassuring about grammar rules--right? I love knowing the rules, because they're immutable. And I'm proud to say that I went to Catholic school for 12 years because the nuns beat those rules into you. I can still recite all of the prepositions in alphabetical order, in under 10 seconds.

So, I do agree with the OP--it drives me crazy when I read really glaring errors in mainstream media, which happens all the time now. I guess all the editors have retired. Or have become irrelevant. I recently read an article, on a mainstream online news source, where the author said she interviewed "Natasha Richardson's late husband, Liam Neeson." Wow--what a business expense that must have been--to heaven and back!

But as I get older, my spelling has declined. And I'm thinking, this kind of sucks, but what difference does it make. I'm far from perfect now--I shoot out emails and blog entries and they're riddled with errors.

I'm actually more upset that the future generations will probably have no idea how great Shakespeare is.