Old 11-01-2014, 02:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
alaek

Never expected sobriety to be this lonely....

Being sober sucks. Right now anyways. I'm on day 54. As a 22 year old, I'm surrounded by people who party and drink. Pretty much all of my friends do. In fact, it's Halloween Night and literally at this moment, all of my friends are out drinking and having fun. While I'm staying home, and I was so sick of not being understood by anyone around me that I came across this website just to meet more people hopefully my age, like me. No one told me being sober was going to be this hard. I mean, really. You all probably already know this. I'm still new to this and I can say it's the hardest thing I've had to do. But at the end of the day, I wouldn't go back, ever. Sometimes I miss drinking so much it hurts. I feel sad, almost grieving that part of me, grieving the alcohol, grieving the "fun" me. I feel so boring and lonely now. I know it's just a matter of time and finding new people to hang out with and new activities to do. I'm going to have to get to know myself again, find out things I like to do for fun that are sober, find out what i REALLY like to do. But seriously, sobriety is so lonely at times, isn't it? I feel like i have to let down so many people, constantly saying "no" to everything, even though, believe me, i want to go. Badly. Ahhh... Hoping maybe one person who understands can read this so I don't feel as alone /: Thanks for hearing me out......