Old 10-31-2014, 08:11 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by lillamy View Post
Here's what I see:

He wants to meet and convince you to sleep with him and then be able to convince you to do things his way. I may be wrong, but that's my guess.

If all you had was STUFF, it would be different. But you have a child, and he's already voiced the opinion that your special needs kid needs to be put in public school so you can get a job. That to me doesn't really sound like someone who's willing to be reasonable and think of what's best for your son.
AMEN!!! I already have retained a lawyer, folks. He just doesn't know it. I've met with 3 so far and I chose one last week. She and I have been discussing things and I already know that his 'reasonableness' will only last long enough for him to try to convince me to do things HIS way. I get it. I don't trust a word out of his mouth. It was just 4 weeks ago that he was telling me that our son's tennis would be over if I did 'this' and that tennis a luxury for him.

I don't expect this to be easy. I already rented a storage unit and have been putting extra linens, small older pieces of furniture, our old wi fi router, and other things in storage. I will be slowly moving bits and pieces over there and also trying to acquire a few other new things along the way in case I need to just pack up and run.

I've been organizing things under cabinets, taking pictures of everything in the house as per the lawyer's request. I've resigned myself to the fact that I really don't want much out of the house except for my clothes, my collection of Polish pottery which I use daily, and my books. Nothing is more valuable to me right now but my freedom and protecting my son from the manipulations and fallout.

I was blessed enough to have my son's tennis coach tell me that he would work with ds for free for as long as I needed. I told him I would be divorcing my AH and that money would be tight. He loves our son and wants to help and that saves me $400 a month right there. It was a sign for me.....a chance for me to see that people will step up to help and that I can possibly do this on my own and even still homeschool, too!

AH told me to go ahead and find a car, because all the money belongs to me anyways....Yes, he said it in a pathetic way but I said, "Ok, great, I'll start car shopping soon."

Even my son said he thinks dad acts like a victim. My son will be turning 16 next weekend and AH will miss it. His choice, but it truly was my turning point where I realized how very sick AH is. I mean, what dad wants to miss out on his son's 16th birthday? Sad, just sad.