Thread: Grammar issues
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2014, 10:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Grammar issues

Someone explain to me whether I am just a totally, utterly judgmental b*itch OR whether I am not alone in this....

It makes me crazy-- like to the point that I refused to date people in the past (pre marriage to xAH), when an adult can not use your/you're or too/to or there/their/they're properly...

Maybe there is a 12 step group for this, I don't know... It seriously makes me crazy. And I am wondering why that is...

As an aside, I am a middle school english teacher so on some level it SHOULD make me a little crazy, right?

A little background... DD9 is good friends with a classmate and the classmate lives primarily with her dad... So my girls and his and he and I do a fair amount of things together and have for the last year or so. It's purely platonic with he and I by the way. But when he texts me about plans with the girls it is driving me INSANE that he can't use proper grammar. And then as soon as I recognize that it is bugging me, I feel like a grossly judgmental b*itch!

Am I just a grammar nazi and that's how it will always be (I have been this way my entire life) or is this something more about being raised to care more about outward, external appearance stuff than who a person is?

Ugh...

Just random musings today I guess...