Old 10-27-2014, 09:02 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
MesaMan

The Desert Island

CleaninLI ~

Man, that's a smokin' Declaration in Paragraph 6 of your Post directly above! Well stated!

A thought that just popped into my Head reading this... Imagine the situation that any of us are stranded alone on the proverbial Desert Island. You're on one side. You know there's a Case of [formerly] favorite Liquor 'x' on the other side. Would you hike over and drink it, or not; presuming you're in good Health and sustaining yourself acceptably? 'Gilligan's Island', but with a Liquor supply. Who knows? 'Mary Ann' might float up alone on a Raft any day now.-)

Some time ago, a 'Fork in the Road' Recovery choice occurred to me. Do I internalize what it takes to recover and then move forward this thing called 'Life', and live mindfully recovered? Or, do I want to forever be handcuffed [in my Mind] to an externalized Regimen? That Regimen won't be around when I might need it most. An internalized Mindset, and firm Morals re: Drinking, are always available.

I, too, have said 'nope' forever in my ever-present Mind, as you state in Paragraph 6. Even if stranded on a Desert Island with Booze. Or, when coping with the passing of a Parent or Friend or beloved Pet.

There's a bunch of thought-provoking insights on this Thread, and a sincere thanks to all. I'm presently in a fairly remote Campsite setting, and blissfully un-Triggered no matter where I am. This Thread reiterates the benefit - to me - of Virtual Support via RR/SR alone.