View Single Post
Old 10-24-2014, 05:38 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
LifeRecovery

Originally Posted by wanttobehealthy View Post
Thanks for the responses.... I know in my mind I am not to blame etc... and that I am being irrational by being upset for him since it was inevitable... But how I feel emotionally and what I know in my rational mind aren't lined up today...

Lots and lots of gossipy people asking for details, people messaging me who I NEVER talk to just bc they want to be on the "in" with the story... Its been an exhausting and emotional week.

Coming on the heels of his BS with refusing to let the girls go to their event Im just worn out like I havent felt in a long time.
WTBH-

I just want to commend you for your growth. Some time ago you were hoping for some of this to come out to the public.....in essence so you did not feel like you were the only one seeing this split person. Recently it has been less about what others see/think and you trusting your gut a whole bunch more.

The other thing that I am grateful for in reading your post is the taking it all on. In my therapy appt yesterday I finally said outloud that though I KNOW logically many things are no longer my fault, in the center of my being I still believe they are. My knee jerk reaction is from that place, my little girl still believes that.

I am hoping as we both work through this and grow that this will stop being our knee jerk reaction any longer. It is an old place for me that has been hidden. I am ready to look at it and bring it to the light so I can let it go. I hear the same for you.....you posted it.

Thanks again.