View Single Post
Old 10-24-2014, 01:52 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
PurpleKnight

This concept comes up a lot and I honestly never know how to respond to it, I'm not a big believer in any religion, or anything for that matter.

I used to think that my Sobriety was accredited to maybe there is something out there beyond myself, a being of infinite wisdom that is pulling a few strings to get me to turn my life around, and then that evolved into wanting to be the best I can be, work to my potential, be the human I can strive towards being without the shackles of alcohol.

Now, I don't know, my daily routine doesn't really include thinking about a "higher power", I wake up, I make some coffee, I think about the day ahead, go to work, come home and have a life that I am proud of, no more guilt, or regret, all of those things alcohol created, I have found a contentment in the cards I have been dealt, contentment in myself and who I am, a pride in how far I have come and the changes I have made to get here, and dare I say it I have achieved a certain happiness in all I have created, finally taking ownership of my own life and not bowing to the will of alcohol any longer.

If I keep doing all of those things I have a belief that life only continue to improve, and maybe that's the real definition of my "higher power"!!