Old 10-23-2014, 11:24 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
NWGRITS
Bunnies!

Originally Posted by desypete View Post
there was nothing left for me and my ex to split in the end as the drinking cost us everything even our kids were put into foster care as neither me nor her could get off the drink

for me its so hard to comprehend why everyone doesnt lose it all like i did ? i only wish i could of saved my kids if nothing else
however once i did finaly get sober i soon got a job and got my kids back and became a single parent
at one time i had a business and over 100k uk in the bank and it all went like i said thanks to the drink along with everything else i loved or cared about

well done for getting out early
My AM has lost everything except for her alcoholic, enabling, completely useless boyfriend. My dad left her when I was 3. She retired so she wouldn't be fired and lose her civil service pension (a considerable amount, since she was a GS-15 at retirement). Then she lost me and her grandkids. After that was losing her own mother (who was her cash cow) and her sister. Then my sister. Then most of our neighbor friends who found out the truth about our family when grandma moved out. The house was auctioned off in August. So it took almost 30 years, but she did, indeed, lose everything.

Liz- I remember when I first saw one of your posts here. We haven't always seen eye-to-eye, but I've always been rooting for you to find your own happiness. That could be with or without your AH. I admire your courage and your backbone in dealing with the current circumstances. And I'm glad I'm a certified tax preparer, or half of your OP would be like reading Greek. Lol