Old 10-23-2014, 09:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
lizatola

Wisconsin, I just rented a storage space unit for that very reason. I am decluttering the house. Old comforters, towel sets, old dish sets, etc are getting boxed up and stored there. Basically, I'm hoping that if I have to be the one to leave, I can use the storage area as a holding area for furniture I find on craigslist, etc. That way, if I'm in transition or I know it's coming, I can hold the furniture there for future use and it helps me spread the cost instead of having to buy everything all at once. UGH, I am such a disaster preparer, LOL! I guess it comes in handy in cases like this!

Based on what happened last year when AH wanted to buy that house, I have a feeling that I might have to be the one to go first. Kinda ticks me off to think about it. Financially, it makes the most SENSE (most As don't think along the lines of what makes sense, though, do they?) for me to stay in the house and for him to keep his 401K. The lawyer told me this is a common settlement she's done many times for clients. Praying and hoping that AH will see that this is beneficial for all.